So you need to catch a bear or other large animal, and you're not quite sure what to do? The best way to do this is to use a bear trap, which will immobilize the animal until you can get back to it.
1. Look for bear traps at sporting goods stores, on eBay, and at Amazon (yes, Amazon sells bear traps). You want a #16 size trap.
2.Order it, being prepared to pay extra for shipping. A decent bear trap will be in the area of 40 lb.
3. Lug the trap to the place where you have the bear (or other large animal) infestation.
4. Set the trap according to the manufacturer's specifications. Don't have the directions? You want to make sure the jaws (with teeth) are open, and nothing is on the springs.
5. There's a trigger pad in the center of the open jaw. That where the bear will step to trigger the trap.
6. Do not put your hand inside the trap or touch the trigger.
7. Cover the trap with some leaves to make it blend in to its surroundings.
8. You might put something to lure the bear (or other animal) such as honey, apples, twenty dollar bills.
10 Come back in a few days, to see if you've caught anything.