Monday, October 10, 2011

Promoting Books

This is something I had never thought about that much. I knew my friends and family would (most likely) buy my books. At least most of my friends and family would. Then in my fantasy somehow other people would find my book, and sales would go up based on word of mouth. That still may happen--I haven't ruled it out yet, as my book has only been available for purchase on Amazon Kindle for about a day and a half. But I have to self promote, and I'd really rather be writing the third book in the trilogy. I'm tweeting every hour or so, trying to get as many eyes on my title and link as possible, in the hopes that someone will give Instrument of Evil a chance. I've signed up with Kindlefinds and Indie Kindle, to get some promotion that way. (Those are great sites, by the way--you can find out about all sorts of Indie books that are out there). I have a Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/#!/InstrumentofEvil, which has gotten a few likes, again mostly from friends and family. The book is available here
I'm thinking of taking out a few ads on popular blogs. I've been trying to figure out how to get on the early morning news (I figure I have a better shot at early morning). I'm trying to figure out what to do to make a good YouTube video to support my book. Anyone have any promotion tips they found useful?

No comments:

Post a Comment